To avoid confusion, please become familiar with the Benefits of Membership.
Be sure to Contact Us if you have any questions.
Professional Memberships are for Permanent Cosmetic Technicians currently practicing in the field. The membership has full voting rights. Your professional membership is an individual practitioner membership.
Renewals are due one month prior to membership expiration.
Price: $325 Annually or $29 Monthly
Membership Payment Options:
TECHNICIAN WEBSITE LISTING/REFERRAL PROGRAM (OPTIONAL)
- The technician referral program is $85 annually or $7/ month for 12 months, per listing. A professional business address, phone number, and liability insurance is required. Additional listings can be requested via the Additional Listings item.
- The above listed business phone and address will be listed on the SPCP website and disseminated to inquirers.
I have read and agree to the above participation provisions of the Technician Referral Program. I understand that if my website lists supplies or offers training and I am not an SPCP supplier or trainer member, the SPCP will only list an email address, not my website. I agree that I will only post before and after procedural photos of my own work on my website unless there is a disclaimer with each photo. In consideration of my use of a link to and/or from the SPCP website, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SPCP from any loss and expense as a result of any claim or loss arising from my activities.
Only select monthly option if paying membership monthly as well (above).
Please read the following, and then mark at the bottom that you agree to uphold this Code of Ethics.
- Members are to maintain high ethical professional standards consistent with sound practices, regulatory requirements, and SPCP guidelines.
- Members will strive to promote the mission of the Society and encourage a cohesive relationship throughout the cosmetic tattoo industry.
- Members agree to only offer procedures they have been trained to perform with hands-on oversight.
- Members recognize the importance of continuing education to upgrade and improve their knowledge and skills.
- a. Members will only use products that are professionally manufactured and follow all regulations for their use.
b. Members who are manufacturers and/or distributors of equipment or supplies, including pigments and anesthetics, agree not to provide false or misleading statements and will fully disclose all ingredients.
- Members will utilize safe practices of disinfection and sterilization of all machine, device, or other components that can potentially be contaminated by bloodborne pathogens. Disposable parts, including needles, will not be reused, nor will manual device handles be detached from needle groupings prior to disposal.
- Members agree that permanent cosmetics/makeup/microblading procedures, among other names for depositing pigment into the skin with a needle is tattooing and is not to be considered a semi-permanent nor a fully painless process.
- Members will make no false or misleading statements to the public through material; including but not limited to: websites, social media, brochures, or forms regarding the process of tattooing.
- Members agree that technicians who are not a licensed medical professional shall not participate in any behavior that could be construed as diagnosing and that the client’s health and privacy of records in accordance with regulatory requirements are protected at all times.
- Members who conduct fundamental training agree that programs at the fundamental level shall be a minimum of 100 hours (Not less than a minimum of 65 classroom hours) in duration and shall include practical components under direct instructor supervision. Only trainer members may use SPCP logos in association with training.
- Members agree that Society or fellow member materials, including items such as articles, videos, handouts, images, and membership lists may not be used without written authorization from the SPCP, or the member owning the materials.
- Members agree that in the event of a lapse in SPCP membership or CPCP certification, they will remove all associated logos and references within fourteen days of expiration.
I authorize automatic annual renewal using the credit card listed below.
SPCP dues/membership fees are not deductible as a charitable contribution for U.S. federal income tax purposes, but may be deductible as a business expense. Consult your accountant. Membership dues or related fees are nonrefundable for any reason including loss of privileges dues to Code of Ethics violations. Fees current to 12/31/2018, then subject to change.